THE NEW STAGE TOWARDS 2022 HAS STARTED FOR CHOICE GENETICS
As you have been informed, Groupe Grimaud and Aviagen have concluded an agreement under which Hubbard (broiler genetics) will be transferred to Aviagen.
This transfer was necessary in the context of the continuing global avian flu crisis which had very negative effects on Hubbard’s business. Hubbard will continue as a separate business unit under Aviagen and will be able to continue build its leadership position for the colored birds.
While it is always difficult to part ways with a sister company, the sale of Hubbard means an increased focus and additional means for the remaining animal genetics companies of Groupe Grimaud, under which Choice Genetics. In this new context Choice Genetics has taken several steps under which:
- Strengthening the management team with the arrival of Thomas de Bretagne as Deputy General Manager of Choice Genetics globally and of Charlélie Boullé as Business Performance Controller
- Designing our strategic plan “Stage 2022” under the Augmented Genetics-concept where we continue to put our customers at the center of our focus around 4 pillars:
- Differentiated products with a special attention for robustness and meat quality
- Integration of the Natural Concept: biological prevention of infectious diseases, animal welfare
- Innovation in R&D through the Genetech platform
- Building unique customer relations going beyond the mere delivery of breeding stock
We will continue to inform you about each of these pillars and we are looking forward to an exciting future working closely with our customers.
Enjoy this Newsletter and we wish you Happy Holiday Season.
Pieter A. Seghers